Sunshine Ministries depends on the donations of a variety of food and supplies to allow us to continue serving the men, women and children who come to us for help.
We are always in need of quality items such as:
- Non-perishable food that is distributed to the needy families in the C.A.R.E. Program and used to feed our shelter guests and residents;
- Fresh meat and dairy products such as hamburger meat, chicken, eggs and lunch meat;
- Toiletries that are used in the shelter and made available to our C.A.R.E. families through the Community Closet;
- Cleaning supplies that are used to keep all of our facilities clean and sanitary;
- Paper products that are used to stock our own needs as well as offered to our C.A.R.E. families through the Community Closet;
- Household items, kitchen equipment and linens that are put in the Community Closet;
- New or gently used in-season clothing for men, women and children;
- School supplies for our kids and men in the Resident Program;
- And diapers and other baby items for our families.
Organizing special collections of supplies is a fun and helpful service project for families, schools, youth groups and businesses. Download the list of “Creative Collection” ideas.
Please call 314-231-8209 before dropping off donations.
Since our needs are very specific and our storage space is limited, it is important that you call before dropping off donated items (314-231-8209). Click here for a detailed list of current needs.