If you are in need of help and have questions about the services that Sunshine Ministries provides, we would appreciate it if you would read the following information before calling. Many of the most frequently asked questions are answered for you below.
If you have further questions, don’t hesitate to call the contacts listed. We are unable to respond to email or written requests.
Thank you. We hope we will be able to meet your needs!
- Sunshine Ministries does not have an overnight shelter for women or children. If you need help finding a women’s shelter, please contact the St. Louis City Homeless Services Division, 314-657-1704.
- Sunshine Ministries does not provide any hand outs of emergency needs other than food and shelter for the registered guests in our homeless shelter. If you are in immediate need of food or clothing, please contact the St. Louis City Homeless Services Division, 314-657-1704 for information.
- Sunshine Ministries does not provide any financial assistance.
- Sunshine Ministries is a non-smoking environment. No smoking is allowed in the facilities or on the properties of the ministry.
Emergency Shelter Policies
- Availability of services in our emergency shelter is on a first-come-first-served basis after all currently registered guests have had the opportunity to check in before 6:00 pm. You may line up to put your name on a waiting list at 5:00 pm each evening.
- You must have a valid picture ID and be at least 18 years old to register in our shelter.
- Guests are not allowed to use Sunshine Ministries for a home address.
- For your protection and the protection of others, Sunshine Ministries has very strict rules for shelter guests. You must be willing to abide by the rules to stay in our shelter.
- For further information, call Bryan at 314-231-8209.
Family Services Policies
- You must be registered to participate in any of our Family Services Programs. To register call Rachel, 314-231-8209, to schedule an appointment.
- To qualify for our services, you must be able to prove that you are living at or below the poverty levels established by federal and state authorities.
Youth Services Policies
- You must register your child(ren) to participate in any of our Youth Services Programs. To register, call us at 314-231-8209 to schedule an appointment.
- Children who are attending kindergarten through 5th grade are eligible for Sunshine Saturdays and summer camp.
- Youth who are attending 6th grade through high school are eligible for our Teen Club.
- Preschool children must be at least 3 years old and potty trained to be eligible for Sunshine School. We accept families from our north side community.
- We do not provide transportation for Sunshine School.