When a homeless man walks through Sunshine Ministries’ doors, they are not initially seeking a complete life change. They are coming in off the dangerous streets, escaping the summer heat or winter cold seeking two simple things– shelter and food.
Sunshine Ministries provides emergency services for men in need of immediate assistance in a caring and accepting environment. Food, shelter and other basic needs are provided for each man. A simple hot meal could be their first step to a new life!
Each evening our shelter guests are given:
- A nutritious, hot dinner prepared in a meticulously clean kitchen
- A chapel service presented by volunteers that shares the Gospel message of God’s love and mercy
- A comfortable heated and air-conditioned dormitory
- Clean bathroom facilities and toiletries for a warm shower and shave before bed
- A warm, comfortable bed with fresh linens
- A nutritious breakfast and sack lunch for the day
- Safe storage for their personal possessions overnight
- Counseling and encouragement from our staff and volunteers
- Special holiday meals and celebrations
- And the safety and security that comes from knowing that our staff is on duty all night to protect them.